There are some non-operative, conservative options to consider for the treatment of a rotator cuff tear or shoulder instability:
- Ice Packs. Reduce swelling while resting the arm.
- Anti-inflammatory Medications. Decrease swelling
in the joint and provide temporary pain relief. Please note, however,
that all medications have risks and should be taken only in consultation
with your pharmacist and physician.
- Physical Therapy. Helps shoulder to regain normal
motion and strengthens muscles.
Minimally invasive shoulder surgery is considered when all other conservative measures have failed. It is a positive measure to regain the active lifestyle that a painful shoulder is preventing.
Arthroscopic shoulder surgery can:
- Relieve pain.
- Improve joint stability.
- Repair tears and damage.
- Maximize quality of life.
- Optimize activities of daily living.