This is a brief overview of the activities that typically occur on your
- You will be admitted to the hospital or surgery center.
- Your vital signs, such as blood pressure and temperature, will be
- A clean hospital gown will be provided.
- All jewelry, dentures, contact lenses, and nail polish must be removed.
- An IV will be started to give you fluids and medication during and
after the procedure.
- Your hip will be scrubbed and shaved in preparation for surgery.
- An anesthesia provider will discuss the type of anesthesia that will
- Your surgeon will confirm and initial the correct surgical site.